What conditions may benefit from acupuncture?
Acupuncture works very differently - it looks at the underlying cause of what is happening - is the liver overtaxed, are the kidneys deficient? Is your circulation poor and why? Are there digestive problems and why? Are you always getting sick? Are your shoulders always tight? Do you often have chest pain? Is there blood stagnation (slugglish circulation) and what other problems is that causing? You get the idea. We then attempt to regulate the body through a selection of points. The idea is that health is about maintaining a state of balance - I am constantly looking at what is going out of balance and trying to bring the patient's health back into balance.
This is why you may come in for back pain, but I'll do points on the front for constitutional deficiencies. For example, say the amount of stress in your life is causing the adrenals to overwork, and this is creating the sympathetic nervous system to always be in "flight or fight" and thus, your digestion system is starting to weaken, and the exhaustion is taking a toll on several different organs....as well as contributing to back pain. Thus I do the front treatment for adrenals as well as a back treatment for local back pain - to strengthen the treatment and help the body heal. That's how acupuncture works.
Conditions that may benefit from acupuncture
Acupuncture treatments are done for:
- pain, muscle spasm, and injury
- (neck pain, back pain, shoulder pain, ankle pain, knee pain, etc.)
- Neurological diseases like multiple sclerosis, trigeminal neuralgia and Parkinsons.
- Post - stroke rehabilitation
- Tendonitis, carpal tunnel, plantar fasciitis, gout
- stress and anxiety
- migraines and headaches
- digestion problems like constipation, diarrhea, IBS and Chrones
- autoimmune issues like rheumatoid arthritis and lupus
- PMS and cramping
- Menopausal symptoms like hot flashes, irritability
- Infertility, IVF, breech birth, birth induction
- and so much more!
And much more - contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-409-6993 to find out if acupuncture can help